Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I think the internets is fixed...

Yay! The cable guy (thank goodness, it was not Larry) came this morning and changed some connectors to make the signal better. So far, so good! I have some wips to show you:
Scarf Detail, Fern Lace
This is the fern lace pattern from Vogue Stitchionary. The yarn is Jade Sapphire Cashmere-silk in Oceana (from Fiddlehead Yarns). It is so soft and nice to knit.

Below you see the Mad Color Weave Sock by Christine Lorin. The yarn is Perchance to Knit Merino Cashmere (more cashmere!) in Roses, Roses (from The Loopy Ewe):
Mad Color Weave Sock
This is the first sock, and, again, this is very soft and nice to knit. Hmmm, cashmere = soft, duh!

And now for something completely different, I give you Child's First Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush:
Child's First Sock
This is different because it has no *gasp* cashmere content in the fiber. It is Crystal Palace Panda Cotton (cotton + bamboo = very nice for spring/summer socks) in Vanilla Creme (also form The Loopy Ewe).

I am still working on tangled yoke-just ribbing and stockinette so far, not really exciting and several other ufos that have stalled a bit. I also have a ton of fabric to turn into skirts and I think I am going to attempt a shirt...well, we'll see how that goes. I also have fabric from generous coworkers that I think I can turn into some cute tote/lunch bags. Maybe I need to get some of that iron on vinyl. I have some plain white linen/cotton dishtowels that I have the itch to embroider. I think I need to look through my embroidery books for some inspiration. Or draw out something. Too many crafts, too much time spent at work to pay that damn mortgage! At least I own and am not renting!

See you on Monday!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace, I love the yarns you've picked. So gorgeous. Hope your knitting and internet are working well.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Grace, forgot to tell you that i logged onto your blog shortly after you were at the store....i am so impressed with your beautiful work.....might you have any SIMPLE patterns for a child's poncho...my 4 year old granddaughter requested one and i'm stuck...remember...SIMPLE. IS THE OPERATIVE WORD.....THANKS..JAN

10:06 AM  
Blogger Leciawp said...

beautiful work!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home