Grace Knits a LOT!

Knitting mostly but other crafts, too (crochet, cross-stitch, scrapbooking) and life in general.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hooked on Stranded Knitting

So, reporting from the bird in hand bandwagon, I completed my first mitten.  I haven't blocked or steamed yet, so sorry for the bumpiness.  Here is the back of the right mitten:
Here is the palm (still need to embroider the bird parts):
Not too shabby for a first attempt at a mitten and stranded knitted, huh?  Unfortunately, below you will see a glove that is my hand size:
The cascade 220 on US 2 needles knitted up a bit too large.  My friend suggested that I felt it a little and use it as an oven mitt.  I may just do that!  I am not giving up on the BIH, though.  I went to the LYS (Fiddlehead Yarns in Kenosha, WI-Hi Mindy!) and got some Mericash solid by Punta del Este yarns.  80% Merino and 20% Mongolian Cashmere.  This yarn is YUMMY!  I didn't like the reds available, so I picked up some Sage-y green (SOL 339) and cream (SOL 311). I cannot wait to knit this up!  

Here is a progress pic on my Ivy League Vest:
I am using Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift fingering and the variation of thickness is not driving me crazy yet.  I love knitting on this, but I am a little apprehensive about steeks.  Here is close up of the corrugated ribbing:
And a closeup of the pattern so far:
And now for something completely different...I always have some socks in progress:
Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran in Dream in Color smooshy sock yarn, Strange Harvest.  It is a great color!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home